Tuesday 22 September 2015

A few things in England

I've just come back from a week in England. I didn't do much or go to many places; the weather was mostly terrible, but here are a couple of things.
From Zaragoza airport, this is where I could fly to with Ryanair. I paid very little for my flights, which I booked three months in advance, and I didn't pay the €50 extra for a checked-in suitcase. However, in Zaragoza airport I checked in my small cabin baggage suitcase; they said yes, they actually preferred people to do that, and it was free. No problem. However, in Stansted they told me that I couldn't do it, they had changed and I had to take it on board with me or pay to check it in. Do they do it just to annoy passengers?

That was Saturday. Arriving at Stansted I had to go and pick up my rented Fiat 500 and drive to Ringmer. Lots of traffic. 
The next morning I went to the morning service in the parish church. It just happened to be the day they blessed the new statue in the doorway. 

An atypical Mary with little boy Jesus.


The vicar sprinkled the statue with water 

and the lady in the wheelchair got wet too!


Lewes. In a moment when it wasn't raining on Monday the Harvey's dray came out from the brewery. Very picturesque!



This photo is a packet of pork in Tesco supermarket. Spoilt pig must have been fed only the very best food!

No comments:

Post a Comment